Sunday, December 17, 2017

How did you find out that you have PTSD?

On Quora Answered by Synsae Kattan, Alternates between ISTJ and INTJ personality types. "As someone who has worked as a psychiatric nurse for a good number of years, I know how to spot PTSD and know without a single shred of doubt that I do have it. How I discovered this was the fact that I was abused by teachers and bullied relentlessly by the other kids at school every day for a good 5+ years, and even in my 30's. I still have those events circulating in my mind 24/7. I also have flashbacks and suffer nightmares on a regular basis. I avoid places where I would run into those people even now. My depression and anxiety come secondary to this. The best way I am dealing with it is by simply learning to create healthy distraction techniques by tending to my hobbies and ADLs, as well as working and being with family and friends. While medications would help others, it would not help me one bit. Some days are better than others and I just take it day by day." ISTJ personality type: Introvert Sensing Thinking Judging INTJ personality type: Introversion N-Intuition Thinking Judgement

No comments:

Post a Comment