Tuesday, June 21, 2016

MINDFULNESS EXERCISES- BODY SCAN

During the body scan exercise you will pay close attention to physical sensations throughout your body. The goal isn't to change or relax your body, but instead to notice and become more aware of it. Don't worry too much about how long your practice, but do move slowly. Begin by paying attention to the sensations in your feet. Notice any sensations such as warmth, coolness, pressure, pain, or a breeze moving over your skin. Slowly move up your body-to your calves, thighs, pelvis, stomach, chest, back, shoulders, arms, hands, fingers, neck, and finally your head. Spend some time on each of these body parts, just noticing the sensations. After you travel up your body down, through each body part, until you reach your feet . Remember: move slowly, and just pay attention. Provided by Georgia's Lookout Mountain Community Services

2 comments:

  1. Just heard this from my counselor the other day. I've done body scans but normally I force everything to relax, not take time to see how it feels first. That's my next step. Accept whatever feeling may be, not force it away. Thanks Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome I love to hear when reading my posts help Take care my friend and have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete