Friday, January 5, 2018

How Colors Can Affect Your Life

Colors may affect you more than you realize. They can change your mood and your behavior. They may even have an affect on your diet, and who you find attractive. MEMORY Your memory can be affected by color. You are more likely to recall negative words if there is a lot of RED around. On the other hand, GREEN tends to make you hold on to the ones that are positive. That may help you have a healthier state of mind and a happier view of life. PHYSICAL ATTRACTION Women find men more desirable who are wearing RED. Men are attracted to "a lady in red". The color doesn't make people of either gender seem more likable or kind. It is only a physical effect. RELATIONSHIPS Painting the walls of your home PINK or GREEN may help you and others have happy feelings. You may be able to pick up easier on the happy facial expressions of others. INTERNAL CLOCKS Bright BLUE lights may help reset your coradian rhythm according to scientists. The biggest positive effect on the physical, mental and behavioral pattern you go through every 24 hours studies show are BLUE. How it may help treat depression and other mood problems, researchers are looking into it. EMOTIONS Making emotions stronger is the color GREEN. It also makes negative emotions weaker. Researchers are still studying WHITE and PINK, because they may have similar effects. Negative emotions, like those linked to failure and danger, are made more intense by the color RED. CREATIVITY Creative juices may get help going by the color GREEN. GREEN was compare by scientists with the colors WHITE, GRAY, RED, and BLUE. People did better with GREEN when it come to word-based and picture-based activities. SEEING RED Your brain sees RED as a sign of danger so your reactions may get faster and stronger when you see it. Your body prepares to defend or attack. It could help you get a short burst of strength, like you need in weightlifting. In other sports ans activities that call for strategy, creativity, or more complex movements it may be a distraction. ENERGY LEVEL After you exercise around the color GREEN, you may be happier and less tired. People who exercise outside, where there is more green, feel better. Your mental health is boosted by having more "green space" where you live. APPETITE How much you eat can be affected by the color of your plate. Contrast is the key. You will serve yourself less if the color of your plate is different that the color of your food that is on it. People in one study served themselves 30% more fettuccini alfredo with WHITE plates then RED ones. YOUNG PICKY EATERS If there are different colors on their plates, children seem to eat more. Coming up with vivid color combos, may be one way to get your kid to eat more fruits and veggies. Different colors mean a larger variety of nutrients. That is god for growing kids. RELIEF FROM MIGRAINES You may want to avoid light if you have migraines. They seem to get worse with different colors or 'wave length' of light BLUE, AMBER, and RED. GREEN seems to actually help. Outside the lab, it is hard to separate GREEN from the other colors. Special sunglasses or light bulbs that isolate GREEN wavelengths are possible. In order to be affordable, they need to be developed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Donna,

    Great to connect with you!

    I’m Jo - artist, writer, traveller (I was interviewed by local radio on that subject), mental health advocate, music lover, wild west nut intrigued by science, and renaissance soul with a potty sense of humour.

    Four years ago I began a three-year journey towards miraculous full recovery after thirty years of depression – a medication crisis was the catalyst, I’ve never felt this good - and I’m chronicling the rebuild of my polymath and adventurous, creative lifestyle on my blog,
    Creating My Odyssey

    I’m networking with creatives with mental health issues and reaching people with a voice, and those with depression in particular, to show that depression is the most treatable of mental illnesses.

    By enormous good chance through my medication crisis and wonderful neighbours, we met the brilliant mental health team, who, with a combination of medication (known as California Rocket Fuel - love it!) and cognitive behavioural therapy, brought me to where I am now. Which proves that provided sufferers know where to look, help is available. That's the hard part, which shouldn't be the case.

    Creating My Odyssey is a great vehicle for my creativity - writing (anecdotal articles and an epic novel) and art - and also covers a myriad of eclectic subjects. I’m unleashing everything that was previously hidden under a bushel, and I've been interviewed and had articles published on mental health sites.

    I'm also posting blog links on my site and would love to exchange links and guest posts with other bloggers, particularly on mental health matters, so if you're interested, I'd love to hear from you. Also, if possible, to collaborate with other creatives who suffer or have suffered from mental health problems. Possibly exchange blog posts about creative lives, whatever ideas anyone may have. I'm open to (almost!) anything!

    I’ve also been writing a humongous novel forever, on and off, particularly during young parenthood and depression, to help keep me sane. Alias Jeannie Delaney is the life story of a devastating cowgirl who’s the fastest gun in the west and also bisexual. Since my recovery from depression I've decided it’s time to get it out there! I’m blogging about it on my site. Talking of the wild west, I've had interviews about my fascination for it, and even appeared on a news item on southern UK television!

    Thank you so much for reading, and I'd love you to follow me on my travels through life.

    Jo UK

    I've had an interview published here:
    Leslie Tate interview/Recovering From Depression Part 1
    Leslie Tate interview/Recovering From Depression Part 2

    I've had mental health articles published here:
    Councillors Cafe - All Dried Up
    Councillors Cafe - My Experience of CBT
    Rachel Kelly/My wellness story by Jo Clutton
    Creative Mental Health - One of the Hardest Things
    iam1in4/creating-my-odyssey
    Author Jo Clutton - Mental Movement
    Lifelightsmag - Who Are You and What Have You Done With My Wife?
    https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?hl=en-GB#search/debra+eve/15db4d7eee98805a -
    More Proof It's Never Too Late

    I had many anecdotal articles published in the Alton Gazette (Hampshire UK)
    I was featured in my cowgirl role in the
    Alton Gazette and The Sunday Telegraph Magazine!
    I had an article on narrow boating featured in Waterways World

    I write about life, creativity and mental health here:
    www.jo-b-creative.blogspot.co.uk
    I go west here:
    Kitty Le Roy's Wild West
    I talk to mates and share here:
    Facebook Jo Bennett
    I share my posts here:
    Facebook Creating My Odyssey
    I jaw with western folks here:
    Facebook Kitty Le Roy's Wild West Saloon
    I tweet here:
    Twitter Jo Clutton
    I post some of my umpteen zillion photos here: Instagram JMClutton
    I find interesting folk to exchange notes with here:
    Linkedin Jo Clutton
    I pin loads of images here:
    Pinterest

    ReplyDelete