Thursday, November 27, 2014

A Bitter Pill To Swallow

Everyone tells me I should have a Facebook account.  I'd rather not be found by people I know years ago.  Recently, I discovered exactly why I did not want to be on Facebook.  Not having an account of my own, someone got me on through theirs.  I thought I would have some fun looking up people from high school.  No harm, right?  Wrong!  While playing around I stumbled upon someone I had a falling out with and she had become quite successful.  She opened a gym and weight-loss center.  She has written a book and has a radio show.  Sure, I am glad she is healthy after losing over 100 pounds.  But honestly, I am jealous!  I mean how cool, writing a book and radio show.  After finding out that most of my high school friends had good jobs and about all of them had long marriages, I really felt down. I know that this was not the path God had chosen for me.  I am not really sure what my purpose in life is.  Maybe I won't find out for years from now or maybe not at all.  But I am sure I have one, maybe not to be successful. Maybe not to be well-known. Still, it is a bitter pill to swallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment