Saturday, January 18, 2014

Don't steal my sunshine

It's been quite a few years since I have had bad bouts of depression. My medication has done wonders.  But recently I have had a harsh reminder of  those horrible times. The weather in my region of  Georgia has been awful. We have either had harsh cold weather where everyone's water pipes have frozen or severe rain.  I am not talking drizzle.  I mean heavy pounding downpours.  The sun hardly shines.  When it was freezing, it was cloudy. This is not typical weather for us.  Not being used to this, depression set in.  I did not want to do anything. I was more tired than usual.  Things started piling up that were not getting done. I could have cared less.  Memories came flashing back of past years of these symptoms. When Mother Nature finally started letting up, I started to feel like my recent self.  But it left a definite impression on me. Do not take for granted these healthy times. No matter how long it's been since I have cycled down, back-slides happen. Treasure the days of being able to smile and laugh. Because that is greatest feeling in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment